Time and experience are said to be the best teachers of life. But the lessons learnt from bad decisions are considered as one of the true lessons learnt in life. In life it’s very important to learn from the mistakes made so that the risk of repeating them is avoided. The poor decisions made in life gives wisdom and sense of making right choice in life. And good judgement can only be developed from the mistakes made.
”Good judgements comes from experience and experience comes from poor judgement.”
”Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” – Albert Einstein
”We all make mistakes, so just put it behind you.One should regret from the mistakes made and learn from them, but never carry them forward with you into the future.”
”Mistakes are a part of being human. Appreciate your mistakes for what they are : precious life lessons that can only be learned the hard way. Unless it’s a fatal mistake, which, at least, others can learn from.”
I am not immune to make mistakes after all I am human being. But simply accepting and apologizing from mistakes and not learning a lesson from them, we are bound to make errors in future.
How to stop yourself from repeating the mistakes
- Own your Mistakes : You can’t learn anything from your mistake until you admit that you have made it. Take the ownership of the mistake you have made, talk to people to whom you have apologise and see that you are working to find the solution for the mistake done by you.
- Reframe the error : How you view the mistakes determines the way that you react to them and what you do next. Don’t create the negative thought for the mistakes made by you, rather reframe your mistake as an opportunity to learn and motivate yourself for new start.
- Analyse your mistake : One needs to analyse the mistake done honestly and objectively and ask your self following questions :
- What I was trying to do?
- What went wrong?
- Where and when went wrong?
- Why did it go wrong
- Put lessons into practice : Make sure the lessons learnt in life are put into action. In hectic life make sure you don’t get lenient and tempt yourself to repeat any mistake again. Motivate yourself for challenges and understand the consequences of the error if you neglect at any time.
- Review your progress : At regular intervals monitor the efficiency of the path chosen by you.
” We are the products of the past, but we don’t have to be the prisoners of it.”
”With every defeat there is an opportunity to learn.”