Having a child is not a problem but what makes a difference is how good parents you have proved to your children. A big responsibility that demands a lot, from the parents. ”I believe a good parenting is more important than good schooling.”
Or both are interlinked!!!
What do the readers have to say about this?
No doubt good schooling is very important as it helps in the development and growth of a child. It helps the children to open their mind not only in different subjects but also helps in stimulating the interest of the children. A school forms the base to the children and teaches them the facts of life and ways how to deal with the world once they are exposed to it. Building confidence is not easy but that’s what is a role of a good teacher and parents.
The science says that the 80% of the brain is developed by the age of 3. Where as Kindergarten and schooling starts after 3 and 4 in many countries. So the formal schooling begins after the age of 3 or 4. This is where a role of good parenting comes in. Where parents have to engage themselves completely with their children from the birth and make them responsible enough to face the world. Parents are direct influencers of the children. So it becomes very important for them to keep a check on the way they talk and behave in front of a child.
Parents themselves have to be dynamic in nature so that they are able to enrich the learnings, creativity and educational skills of their child. Understanding the psychological and behaviour of child is very important. Parents have to be balanced in their nature of being strict and lenient.
A good parenting skill plays a big role in the development of the child. Few points that needs to be considered are :
- Parents should themselves be well equipped with adequate knowledge.
- Parents should learn the art of patience.
- Trusting your child plays a big role in the development of their child. It makes a child not only responsible but also accountable and answerable to the parents automatically. They will provide you with reasons where they are wrong even if the parents don’t ask for explanation.
- Nurturing your child with humour, love, care and guidance being the common aspects.
Crucial parenting skills :
- Self Control : It plays a very important role in the development of a child. Self control here doesn’t means to hide your emotions but it means how to deal with the emotions in adequate manner. Managing your emotions in front of the child will make your child mentally strong and it will teach the child how to manage their behaviour in the odd circumstances. Also self-control is a tool which helps a child to be responsible in adulthood.
- Focus : With the changing environment lots of distraction have arisen that can affect the growth of a child. Therefore, in today’s scenario focusing on the upbringing of a child have become very important. As a parent it have become important to pay attention on your child’s action, the manner in which they are addressing their needs, know their whereabouts and ensuring their safety. By doing so you are taking effective measures for the development and growth of your child.
- Parents involvement : Now days I often see this point is missing in parents. Parents involvement in their child’s activities is very important. With the involvement of the parents you are gaining the trust of your child and making them feel that you are their best friends and are enjoying their company. When at every level of age you are present in your child’s life they will understand how important the parents are. Though at teenage your involvement might be considered as interference but don’t back off. Rather mould your involvement according to the need of time. Make sure in the process of involvement you make your child understand that getting comfort in life is not easy, you have to earn it by working hard.
Hence, Good education is the road to success – good parenting is the car they’ll need to drive down it.
P.S : I am not a parenting expert but felt what should be taken for consideration. The expert advice is most welcome from the one who are already parenting their children successfully.
Next post will be based on “Things to remember in parenting”.